My boys really love Life of Fred. We were working in our math books one day and Mr. History said, “I wish I had a Fred toy.” Mr. Science said, “I wish I had Kingie toy!” So not unlike the boys on Phineas and Ferb, they knew what they were going to do that day. They decided to make Fred and Kingie mini pillows.
I realized while making these you could draw anything on the material you wanted. Boys could make various kinds of action figures. They could also write their favorite quotations on the material. The ideas are limitless.
We used flour sack towels because we had some lying around, but any white material would work. Here are the steps for making the mini pillows:
1) Fold over your material so you will have two pieces to sew together.
2) Draw an outline of your favorite character on the material.
3) Cut out your drawing. I had the boys cut it out in a more circular shape and not worry about cutting in on the line. This made it easier to sew.
4) Make sure the piece with the picture is face down.
5) Sew the two pieces together with a basic stitch. Make sure to leave a hole big enough to turn your material inside out so you can see the drawing.
6) Turn your material inside out.
7) Use the hole to stuff your pillow.
8) Then sew the hole up and your mini pillows are done!
I try to get the boys to do all the steps themselves. It will not be perfect when finished but they will be proud because they made it!